Have you or someone you know been injured by a forklift or some other unsafe machinery at work?
If so, contact our forklift accident attorney using the form above or call us at (415) 721-1200 or toll free at (888) 529-0909.
Millions of forklifts are in used in construction sites and industrial settings. Forklift accidents account for many thousands of severe injuries and a large number of deaths each year in the United States. Attorneys at Strick Injury Law and Mediation have experience in representing individuals injured as a result of a fork lift accident.
What are the main causes of forklift accidents?
- 26 percent of forklift accidents are caused by the forklift tipping over from overloading weight limits
- 18 percent of forklift accidents involve employees or pedestrians being hit by forklifts
- 14 percent of forklift accidents occur by the load falling off of the forklift
- 14 percent of forklift accidents occur when forklifts are used to elevate people
- 7 percent of forklift accidents occur due to forklifts accidentally being driven off loading docks
- 7 percent of forklift accidents occur due of improper or no forklift maintenance such as malfunctioning of the brakes, steering, transmission, or hydraulic system. Missing or malfunctioning safety devices can contribute to a forklift accident. Forklifts should be equipped with a roll over protection system which will prevent the forklift operator from being thrown or crushed in the event the forklift tips over
- 7 percent is caused by improper workplace design for forklift operation such as narrow or crowded aisles, a high level of foot traffic where the forklift is operated, vision obstructions, and other workplace conditions such as light and noise are all hazards that might contribute to a forklift accident
- 3 percent of forklift accidents occur because of loss of forklift control by the operator
- 3 percent of forklift accidents occur because of improper use of fork lift
The Bay Area forklift accident attorneys at Strick Injury Law and Mediation have been representing injured individuals for over 40 years.
If you have been injured in a forklift accident, please do not speak to a representative of the insurance company without first speaking to an experienced Bay Area forklift accident attorney at Strick Injury Law and Mediation. We know how to protect your rights! Call Strick Injury Law and Mediation to discuss your case. Our Bay Area forklift accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. It costs you nothing to learn if our experts can Right Your Wrong!