Have you been injured in a truck accident?
Commercial trucks such as 18-wheelers, semi trucks, tractor trailers and other large freight carriers tower over the small passenger vehicles with which they must share the road. On major highways and at higher speeds, seemingly insignificant driving errors that may occur without consequence where small vehicles are concerned can result in catastrophe when a large truck is involved. If you have been involved in an accident with a commercial truck, determining the cause of the accident may be difficult. The California attorneys at Strick Injury Law and Mediation, employing the most qualified experts in the trucking industry have handled many catastrophic truck accidents.
It is critical to begin investigating the accident as soon as possible so that the cause of the accident can be determined and evidence is preserved. There are a variety of types of information that are relevant to your claims, including:
- Information about previous violations of regulations by the trucking company or driver involved
- The truck’s maintenance records
- The speed the truck and your vehicle were traveling
- The location of the impact on the vehicles’ exteriors
- The truck driver’s log book
- Statements from eye witnesses and first responders to the accident scene, such as emergency personnel and police officers
- Information from the truck’s “black box,” which records data before, during and after a collision
- The trucking company’s policies and procedures regarding maintenance and safety, and its accident history
If you are involved in a truck accident in California, please do not speak to a representative of the other driver’s insurance company without first speaking to a knowledgeable Bay Area truck accident lawyer at the Strick Injury Law & Mediation. We know how to protect your rights! We work on a contingency fee basis. It will cost you nothing to find out if our Bay Area truck accident attorneys can help right the wrong of your truck accident case. Contact us today.